MyoWorx® compiles and analyzes research of patients on a continuous basis. Our research has found that not only is the number of treatments effective, but also the frequency of treatments a patient receives significantly impacts their results.
Below is a recent analysis of the average improvement that patients have received for various symptoms of Post Concussion Syndrome. This is merely a snapshot of our analysis and results.
The Efficacy and Frequency of a Combination Myofascial Treatment
for Long Standing Symptoms Post Concussion
Research conducted by: Moore T., B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD (ABD), Borys T., MD, PhD,
Oucharek B., B.Sc. (HK), R.Kin. MMTR Physiotherapy, Guelph, ON, Canada
|RPQ-3 Symptoms||Patients with Symptom||Positive Responders||Average Improvement||P value *Significant|
|Nausea / Vomiting||43||77%||92%||*0.002e-03|
|RPQ-13 Symptoms||Patients with Symptom||Positive Responders||Average Improvement||P value *Significant|
|Frustrated / Impatient||76||80%||71%||*0.001e-07|
|Take Longer to Think||84||71%||70%||*0.001e-08|
Low frequency group (62 subjects)
High frequency group (39 subjects; > 4 treatments/week for first 1-3 weeks)
N= 101 subjects
No subjects withdrew from the study due to adverse effects.
Subjects were experiencing symptoms for 12 weeks or longer post concussion
MyoWorx® TM20 electrotherapy applied with heat for 30 minutes
12-15 minutes of myofascial release
Stretching and strengthening exercises
All above focused on paraspinal muscles of the neck and upper back
Rivermead Post Concussion Symptoms Questionnaire (RPQ)
Modified Scoring System From Eyres 2005 where both RPQ-3 and RPQ-13 scores were > 0 at intake
Separate linear mixed models of up to 4 follow-ups
Wilcoxin-signed rank test for individual symptoms
- Treatment was effective on both RPQ-3 (p<0.0001) and RPQ-13 (p<0.0001) scores
- High frequency group demonstrated an accelerated rate of recovery on both RPQ-3 (p=0.0031) and RPQ-13 (p=0.0033)
- High frequency group data was based on an average 27 days versus 72 days for Low frequency group
- Patients demonstrated improvement in all symptoms (Restlessness not statistically significant)
- Unlike any other intervention, this treatment provides enhanced recovery of chronic post concussion symptoms simultaneously for all 4 domains suggesting concussion (cognitive, somatic, affective and sleep disturbances)
- High frequency of intervention provides an accelerated rate of recovery
MyoWorx® research results reveal the effectiveness of the MyoWorx® Concussion Treatment for chronic Post Concussion Syndrome. The MyoWorx® team of medical professionals conducted all research at the MMTR Physiotherapy Clinic based in Guelph Ontario, using the MyoWorx® Treatment protocol and the results of the study were presented at the 91st ACRM Conference.
Research advisory group called upon to vet research findings:
- Dr. Tom Borys, MD, PhD -Family Physician
- Dr. Lawrence Jones, BA DDS -Practice restricted to Orofacial Pain
Licensing and Certification
MyoWorx® Treatment Program is currently in the pre-market stages for licensing to healthcare providers across North America. If you are interested in learning more about licensing the MyoWorx® Treatment Program or partnering with us, please contact us.